Friday, January 15, 2010

Interview with the Hales

I have been eagerly awaiting the opportunity to share this interview with you! Earlier this week, I talked about the book Calamity Jane by Shannon and Dean Hale, illustrated by Nathan Hale. Now I have an interview to share with you!

1. What is your favorite book read during 2009? Why?
SH: Hi Juile! I'm terrible at picking favorites, but I write brief
snippets about my favorite reads on my blog:
http://oinks.squeetus.com/book_recommendations/
I just love your blog Shannon! It's so creative!!!


2. What is your favorite book of all time? Why?
SH: Weave Your Own Twig Bonnet! ...if it existed. It's one of the books
Rapunzel reads in her tower. Doesn't it sound like a page turner?
It sounds awesome!!! I can't wait to read it! :)


3. If you could invite anyone to dinner, living or dead, who would it
be?
SH: Jane Austen. And Shannon wins! The crowd goes wild!
WooHoo! :)

4. This is the first graphic novel I've read. Why graphic novel versus
standard novel style?
SH: Yay for you! Thanks for making us your first. I think both styles
have their place. I read both for pleasure. But there are many children
who are visual learners who just can't get into or process prose novels,
and graphic novels are so important for reaching those readers.
Excellent points!! Well said!!

5. What is one thing you would like for your readers to know about you?
SH: I really don't smell. I don't know why my brother and sisters always
say that.
DH: You should have asked *me* that! I've got oodles of Shannon secrets!
Oh, wait...you said it should be something she *wanted* her readers to
know. Sorry.
SH: That's right. You just shush.

FOR SHANNON and/or DEAN: Do you enjoy writing childrens novels or adult
novels more? Why?
SH: I like them all. It's nice for me to switch between genres so I
don't get complacent.
DH: No adult novels for me yet. Unless you count my blog as "adult
content." Shannon's mom probably would. So I'll just side with the kids
on this one.

FOR NATHAN: What is your favorite drawing technique?
Coming!

Bookmark and Share







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this interview! I've only read a few things by Shannon Hale, so I'm curious to read more!

    ReplyDelete